My glutes and my thighs are sore from yesterday's yoga class. For starters, I have been on hiatus from the gym+yoga+yadayada for a few months now. I boldly decided to join the Dynamic Flow class, which is a more challenging class of yoga. 5 minutes into the class I knew instantly my ego should've been checked. It was tough, everyone else doing the poses and sun-salutations effortlessly while I clumsily and ungracefully moved from pose to pose. Even the instructor eyed the alignment of my poses mockingly. I was itching to leave the class, but I was right in front and again my ego was rock solid reminding me to finish what I ignorantly started.
I regret not keeping up with my fitness fiercely as I did before. After coming back from Sarawak, came my exams. It was then an eating fest of shamrocks, rhubarb pies, and faux guinness on my holiday in Ireland. Before I knew it it was a new semester in college,more homework. Ramadhan and Raya followed soon after. I was healthy, strong and fit early in the year and now I just feel like a big blob. Ive been running again and boy does everything feel 100x tougher. The yoga class noxiously reminded me of how un-flexible I have become from not attending the classes on a regular basis. I was so beat, and sad that I let this happen. I let myself slip away.
But nothing could beat that feeling of stepping out of the class, glowing. I could feel my strength being unlocked with the numerous chakuranga or whathaveyou during the class. Nothing beats the feeling of running at 10kms an hour , your abs clenching , hair matted to your forehead. I asked the yoga instructor how many classes I had to attend weekly to get my flexibility back after being away from it for so long, mentioning that I was such a klutz when everyone else looked completely at ease.
"yoga is not about comparing. Its about how you feel when you do the poses. How you feel your inhalations and exhalations. how you feel blood rush through your body. Everyone has different strengths and flexibilities. As long as you felt good leaving that class, then thats all that matters. You're glowing now! It means you did your body good"
I wanted to cry. Then marry him. then slap him for staring at my rolls during class.
I've hired a trainer. A "platinum" one, that will almost too delightfully kick my ass into shape while I exercise in mock horror. It is going to cost me A HELLUVA LOT. But I need professional guidance for my trip to Mount Tahan since target areas need to be worked on, like core-strengthening and lower body conditioning. I will have to starve in college for the next 2 months . Movies are a no-go and just don't mention to me about coffee sessions or shopping! :(
But it'll all be worth it. Nothing comes easy anyway.
ps : I'll have to make sure I secure assignments with ItudioStudio, plus I'm thinking of selling prints.
about
viewfinder a part of her eyes, scribbles part of her fingers, tea part of her gut.
archive
-
▼
2009
(49)
-
▼
October
(10)
- my nieces are too cute gah gah!
- tomorrow is the day of my sister's lunch/reception...
- I want what is best for my sister, always. As a si...
- you know how sometimes you find yourself witnessin...
- My glutes and my thighs are sore from yesterday's ...
- I AM GOING TO BE A GEOLOGICAL ENGINEER.
- I'm thinking of doing something big before I hit 2...
- On the way to Shamine's place, Amin told me how he...
- DAMN YOU MENSTRUAL ACNE.my hair has mutated into s...
- As soon as my physics lecturer walked into our cla...
-
▼
October
(10)
No comments:
Post a Comment